1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ScoopDogg Pusher Backdrag Edge?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NoFearDeere, Dec 8, 2010.

1. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 8' ScoopDogg Pusher on my skid loader and im looking for something that will be best for condo and residential drives. My dealer told me about the backdrag edge that I can put on the pusher I have now. Anyone have experience with a pusher and backdrag edge? I want something that is going to get down to bare pavement (ie: down pressure) so im wondering if this will work or if I should be trying to buy a straight blade for it. Any help is appreciated!:confused:

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I can't imagine a backdrag edge on a pusher is going to do you alot of good. The side pieces on your pusher are probably 12 to 14 inches, then add in another inch for the mold board, and cutting edge, then add another 2 to 3 inches for the back drag edge, and that puts you at least 15 to 17 inches away from the garages. I would look for a straight blade set up or just plan on having full time shovelers in each drive as well.

3. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

i have a back drag edge on the front of my 10ft pusher and it works great. we use it for pulling out parking spots at the apt complex it plows at. it attaches to the front - top of the pusher so you rotate your pusher so the normal cutting edge ends up facing the cab and drop it down. it works sweet and a fraction of the cost of purchasing another plow.

4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

MSU that I can definatley see working. I guess I was thinking more of a straight blade back drag edge.

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Does the backdrag edge get down to bare pavement and scrape clean? That's why biggest worry. I need something that can get some downpressure to it and scrape everything clean.