1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Scoop scrape issue

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Dodgetruckman731, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Dodgetruckman731

Dodgetruckman731 Senior Member

Wondering if there is a way to adjust the pitch of the 8'2 VXT plow? it seems like when in scoop position im leaving a pretty good film of snow on the pavement, When in scoop postion and plow in float mode the cutting edge isnt completly down to the concrete when i looked at it, i dont run shoes. Just wondering if there was a way to adjust how it sits or if this is a normal occurance?

Also while im asking this. When in scoop position again, while pushing alot of snow, the plow starts to raise up and ride over the snow, is that a normal occurance? Wondeirng that because, my plow isnt angleing as fast as it used to, after i grease the center hinge it still goes at its normal speed, but after plowing anything even small accounts its back down to slow again. Wondering if that low pressure is causing the lift cylinder to be able to rise up? I figure im having a pressure problem but the plow is only two seaons old, really dont want any problems yet haha, also dosent seem to be extending all the way in scoop and v position, its bad enough to when i take the plow off the truck a little bit of contact with the plow will cause it to tip over onto the mount. Any help is always appricated guys.

2. bradhow79

bradhow79 Member

There is in fact a way to adjust it. Its a process and im sure its on BOSS website,just did mine it was easy
  3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Mine starts to ride up in scoop while pushing a lot of snow too.
  4. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

there is a rubber piece bolted into the A frame you have to losten that bolt put the plow in scoop and trip the plow to adjust it. also check your truck frame height you should be at 151/2 inches to the hole for an 8-2 v not sure for the 9-2