1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

scoop or V plow?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by torquet, Nov 17, 2007.

1. torquet

torquet Junior Member

I just bought a 1 year old complete 8 foot scoop for $1200 last night. My brother in-law has a friend who has a 9'2" hiniker V he wants to trade straight up. Do you guys think it would be a good deal? I haven't seen then V but my bro in-law says he takes care of everything he has. The scoop I bought looks brand new except for some fading.

So I guess I am asking if the V looks as good or near as good, should I do it?

Thanks

btw anyone need a hiniker truck side mount for a ford superduty?

2. jimchris

jimchris Member

I think I would trade if both plows are in the same condition. The V you can scoop, angle or V. I don't know about back dragging. I'm a rookie when it comes to plowing, I just ordered my first plow and its a poly-V.

3. torquet

torquet Junior Member

I finally got to look at the V plow. It looks good. Not as good as the scoop I just bought. I think I am going to keep the scoop since it has the trip edge instead of the whole plow tripping. If the V was the newer style poly w/ trip edge I would probably trade.

Thanks for the reply. keep them coming.

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

$1200? I need to buy my plows in Indiana. I paid $4150ea for two 9' scoops 2 months ago. Tell your buddy I'll buy his V for $1200.

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Did you get the truck side with the 8'er ?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  6. torquet

torquet Junior Member

I got a ford mount with the plow. I had to buy a dodge mount for $500 and I think the guy who has the V wants the ford mount. If it fits he is taking it. I need to get some timbrens for the front of my truck. I also have to buy the headlight adapters. I forgot to when I got the mount...
    The only reason I got it for so cheap is the guy sold his ford and is going to IRAQ at the first of the year, so he is unloading everything. I didn't jew him down any. I kind of felt bad for getting it that cheap but I asked him a few times if he was sure.

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  7. topdj

topdj Senior Member

holy discount that's cheap,, did it burn you when picked it up LOL

8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

So do you want to sell that 8'er yet :nod:

9. torquet

torquet Junior Member

Nope, all most paid for itself already with just two small snows.:D

10. cattrader