1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Scoop Dogg Pushers.........Not Happy!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Mike S, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Im on my second year of using the dogg pushers and im Not happy at all. The first year we didnt have any major problems other then the rubber always moving and having to be adjusted, and the quick attach plates have too much slop in them. After this year I am done with the dogg pusher!!! We had to adjust the super cheap import rubbers every ten hours! The skid steers where loosing there pushers due to the quick attach plates banging around from all of the slop they came with. Two pushers are bent due to the quick attach plates not having any support behind them. I know a bunch of you guys will tell me its because of the user but NO IT IS NOT! This is why, those brand new scoop doggs are running next to 5 and 6 year old RSC and PRO TECH pushers and they are still in one piece/not bent/good rubber. RSC was a great product but got changed. I have alway been Buyers biggest fan but this was a big kick in the balls for me. Know im stuck with a fleet of 10 and 14 foot pushers that are either junk or will be junk after next season. I speak for my company and 5 other companies on this one.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I have a blade from you that you must have used for a few seasons and it was in great shape when I got it, so that would show me you maintain your stuff well.

3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

don't feel bad. The protech quicktaches are not much better. mine are all bent up too. you can't even run gehls on them withought modifying them.

4. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I'm fairly happy with mine. I do agree that the quick attach plate is sloppy though. I personally smacked curbs twice with it and I did not have any damage. I also had a new operator hit a curb so hard that he broke the glass out of the front door with his head. There was still no damage to the box.

Perhaps the 8' boxes hold up better because they aren't getting the additional forces that a 10' or larger box puts on them.

I have not had to adjust the rubber though. Mine has always stayed put.

5. Mike S

Thank You, I really try to keep every thing in good shape and try to make it last. Im mad that my older pushers that have taken alot more abuse hold up better then my new scoop doggs. The rubbers just make it even worse. I have only owner opperators that use them and they are very good to my equipment and right now they want me to get rid of the scoop doggs because they are tired of adjusting the rubber every eight hours. The washers are all bent up around the nuts due to the holes that where drilled for the cutting edge bolts being to large so it makes it easy for the edge to move. Like I said I have always been a big fan of buyers but this just dosent sit well with me. Every one on my crew is just done with them. The only pro tech i have that is on a backhoe isnt made for a hoe but has been on one for six years and is in great shape still the rubber has been adjusted or flipped a total of a dozen times or so and the original edge is going to be replaced this year. Our scoop doggs have been adjusted as much as three times a storm!

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear about your problems. I hated rubber that's why we went to all steel trip. They cost alot more but in the long run they cost less. I heard through the grapevine that Arctic had alot of trouble with their skid qt plates this year also.

7. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

If you still have them try welding some expanded metal to the molboard, behind where the rubber sits then when you tighten them down it will bite down into the rubber and thus lock it better. We do this on all the box plows we build it helps. 'Good luck

8. Mike S

thanks I might try that. I will let you guys know how things turn out and post pictures when I take a track hoe to them.

9. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Thanks for the real input. I have been watching buyers come out with more and more things. I was curious how well all the new stuff is holding. The price on everything they have is usually cheaper than any other company. I wonder why?

10. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Interested to hear if changes have been made for the better on the pushers

11. mdpsci1

mdpsci1 Junior Member

Yes, they are much better