1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Scoop Dog or Pro Tech 14 foot pusher

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by jimals, Oct 8, 2009.

1. jimals

jimals Junior Member
    from Buffalo

Whats the better of the two can anyone tell me thanks

2. plowman69

plowman69 Member
    from amherst

I like the scoop dog my self looks very well built and I see alot around I saw they sell them at Niagara performance in lockport when I was looking at the v plow I bought

3. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

No experience with the scoop dog but I do have three pro tech pushers and I would reccomend them to anyone.

4. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Have Scoop Dogg and Avalanche, Avalanche much better IMO. No experience with ProTech. There is alot of of all (3) around here, I will be lobbying if we need more pushers for Scoop Dogg's simply because of the cost Avalanche is almost $1500 more on a 12' backhoe!

5. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I think they are both good, for big machines, I run Protech.

Scoop dogg is the old RCS design. buyers bought it when they went out of buisness. Nothing wrong with it, just and older design that RCS bought/took from Protech when they upgraded to the design they use now... It's my understanding that RCS was owned byt an x-protech employee or dealer...

The Scoop doggs are cheap though and would def. try one if I need another pusher.

6. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

That's more or less the history. We took the idea behind the RCS product (a premium pusher) and translated it into a very cost effective, beefy pusher. Not much that can go wrong with them. We've made changes along the way, but with the thicker side plates, premium rubber edges, and powder coating, I would put it up there against anyones pusher. It's not rocket science...

It's pretty cool watching a welding robot whip a 14' pusher around...

Scott

7. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Look at that I was right for once! woo hoo!

as and fyi, when I said cheap I was speaking of cost...

8. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

I run both of them and like them both.

9. jimals

jimals Junior Member
    from Buffalo

What is the going price around here they want 3600. plus tax for a 14 foot scopp dogg

10. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I went with the 14 foot scoop dogg because it was way cheaper then the protech. The quote i got for protech 12 foot backhoe, and two eight foot pushers was more then what i payed for a 14 foot and three 10 foots!