1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Scoop dog good or bad ?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by JDF550, Dec 18, 2010.

1. JDF550

JDF550 Junior Member

I am looking to purchase a 8' snow pusher for my JD 250 skid loader, just wondering if anyone would recommend a scoop dog over other brands. thanks.
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I wouldn't recommend them OVER any other brands aside from that they're fairly priced. They're well worth what you pay for them, but they aren't the absolute best box on the market.
  3. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Got-h20's got an interesting take on it. They are well priced, and it is a big welded box with a fixed blade. No gadgets or moving parts. So I also don't know if I'd say they are BETTER then some of our competitors pushers. They are basically the same thing but less expensive.

As far as selling points go (pretending I'm a salesman)...

They are 100% robotically welded and are the only powdercoated pushers in the industry. The rubber cutting edges are premium grade (that is one change we made a few years ago) - and we haven't changed much on the design (haven't really needed to).
  4. JDF550

JDF550 Junior Member

Thanks for the info , I am hoping to make a decision next week. I've always used plows in the past and I am new to using a pusher box with my machine. I knew the scoop dog was priced better than the other competitors, but I worried about the quality of the product.
  5. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I have a bunch of them. Cheap yes! Powder coat, Bad.... The powder coat is falling off in sheets on all of them. My 14 foot backhoe pusher is not bad other then the powder coat and the rubber. On the skid pushers the quick attach mount is to loose and the pushers where falling off the machines. A few mods and we dont have that problem any more. The 10 foot compacts that we have are all junk now, so dont buy one of those. We cant keep any of the rubbers from moving so we are adjusting every 8-12 hours. Other then that they are not to bad I guess........ I also own a protech......
  6. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

That makes me want to run rite out and buy one. I would just buy a protech for a $100 more. In my area there is only a $100 difference between the two pushers for 8'.
  7. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Ya there is not much price difference between the two now but at that time when I bought a few there was a huge difference in the price. I think they are still decent pushers they are just not top of the line.
  8. JDF550

JDF550 Junior Member

Well, I purchased the scoop dogg last week and it seems okay for now. I did notice the play in the quick attach plate but not to the point that it would fall off. So far I did not have to adjust the rubber edge, it seems to be staying put, and only time will tell if the powder coat finish holds up. As far as the price goes I purchased the 8' pusher for $1872.00 , and the price for the pro-tech from another dealer was $2226.00. with tax. Thanks again for the info and I'll be in touch with any regrets!