1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Schmidt MF 3.4 plow parts source and advice

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by E-steban, Jun 16, 2007.

1. E-steban

E-steban Junior Member

Hi All,

This is my first post here. I know nothing about snowplowing, never plowed a flake. However this needs to change soon.

After last winter's huge snows on the Colorado Front Range and trying to build a new house, I decided that I need to be self sufficient and bought a 406 Unimog and a used Schmidt MF 3.4 plow.

Last winter at 7800 feet
    [​IMG]

New house and Unimog
    [​IMG]

New / used Schmidt plow and 2000 lb counter weight
    [​IMG]

So it turns out that the plow is in need of some parts.

Corroded and broken "dogbones"
    [​IMG]

Does anybody know of a snowplow salvage yard where to get used Schmidt parts ?
    Or where the best prices are to be had on these parts new.

Thanks, Steve

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Well dude I would say you got the baddest mother of all plow rigs (minus a full blown oshgosh or walter) UNIMOG is the only play/work truck. Rock crawling in the morning, plowing in the afternoon. Haul firewood in the evening. All with the same rig. Schmidt has several dealers in the US that can get you parts. That plow you have for the MOG is one of the best hi speed bi directional plows money can buy. Each section floats independially so it provides the cleanest scrap.

3. E-steban

E-steban Junior Member

FTR -
    Here are some answers I have found out from Dave Bickelhaupt at
    parts@wausau-everest.com since posting my questions:

---------------

Steve,

The dog bone links are
    S6270307930 cost $116.42 each, with the aluminum links you need to buy the plastic bushings S6270066810 cost $5.01 each (4 needed per link)
    The plastic links are S5291.1433 cost $34.73 each and come with the bushings.
    The pins are stainless steel and come in aprrox. 6 inches long and 12 inches long
    S6370073010 pin with hole 6 inches $ 39.85 ea
    S6370073110 pin 6 inches long $41.96 each
    S6370073210 pin 12 inches long $56.43 each

Dave