1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Scheduling, project & contract program recommendations

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by BSDeality, Nov 19, 2007.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I'm looking for new software for my business. I have QB pro 2006 right now and the accounting end of it is absolutely great. However the scheduling and contract work end of it is non-existant and for the time being I've been doing double entry into Gopher for my maintenance lawns & plowing accounts.

I'm looking for something that seamlessly integrates with Quickbooks and is PDA friendly. I do not ever want to have to enter the same data twice any more. Right now I print out a schedule, scribble down the times in the truck and then plug them into the computer at the end of the day or week I would like to find something that I can put a schedule on a PDA to sync the times at the end of the day so I'm getting exact and complete tracking of my time. I'm always missing something at the end of the month and that translates to lost $$$'s and that shouldn't be happening. This spring I will be running a crew and I want to be able to give them the PDA at the start of every day and their entire schedule will be on it, preferably with a materials list (if necessary), tools list, etc.

My business has grown to the point where I need to be able to schedule a years worth of work in advance for contracts for my maintenance customers. I also do a fair amount of installation work and frequently find it goes beyond one day and Gopher is extremely limited when it comes to projects that span more than one day. It would be nice if it was "green industry" related, but I can adapt to programs that aren't specifically designed for it.

Who has a program they can recommend to cover all the bases?

2. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I use quick Books and clip. schedule out of clip and bill out of quick books. Clip is a little tough to get use to but it works for me with landscaping and snow. Looking at a bar code scanner system through a company called MoDecco. They have a simple scheduling program that integrates with quickbooks.