1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

scanner ,reader

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wild bill, Jul 19, 2011.

1. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

greeting's is every body surviving the heat wave ? just looking to pick the brain's of the more informed people .i am thinking about getting a scanner ,reader to pull the code's on my truck so after i do the repair's they can be erased .
    i dont want to spend a small fortune (snap on ) have been looking at one's on amazon but am confused .
    i know you get what you pay for .i have a 2001 2500hd w-6.0 maybe b&b or someone can give me a couple choise's .i belive it is the obdII ,thank's .:confused:
  2. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

If all you want is to read or erase simple DIC codes, one of those $50-$75 units will work fine.
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

ok thanks i just order a equus #3030 $47.54 shipped
  4. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

I have an Autoxray 6000 that I really like but it's about $250 on Ebay but it does all vehicles from about 1982 to current.

5. Holland

Holland Senior Member

I see you've already purchased but these little blue point microscan units seem to be nice. I personally have a solus pro, but if i were to do it all over i'd just get one of these. They're like 400 bucks but you can actually read live data, which is HUGE in helping to diagnose an issue. Plus you can get adapters for OBD-I vehicles and code tips.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I have several different scan tools including factory. Now I am going to lap top. Live data is ony good for someone who understands what there looking at the average joe would not have a clue. As well as many of tech that I know of.
  7. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Good point!
  8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If you can wait Advance auto parts put's their $150 scanner on sale for 1/2 price about once a year. It's a good one Live feed, record, scan, all the functions you would need.