1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

scangauge?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jeffcof150, Aug 4, 2012.

1. jeffcof150

jeffcof150 Junior Member

I have a 2003 F150 I plow with. I wanted to install a Trans temp gauge this year but after reading a little bit I have discovered alot of people are recommending the scangauge. Anyone use one? Do you like it, hate it, worth the money, or should I just install a normal gauge. Do the wires get in the way or can you get a clean look if you take some time to run the wires. (I dont like wires showing) I live near STL MO. nothing to extreme but does it hold up hot and cold temps. I only use the truck for work (coulpe of days a week) can i i take the display out when not in use or is it a pain in the a@#. Any similar products available. Dont really care about the MPG stuff just gauge info. Thanks!!!!

2. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

I have a friend who ran a scanguage and was happy with it.

If you have a smartphone (not iphone) you can have a scanner/code reader for $25. Just buy the app and a $20 bluetooth adapter.

3. jeffcof150

jeffcof150 Junior Member

have an iphone, ill look into apps for it too. thanks

4. mustangman02232

mustangman02232 Senior Member

Every one of our 6.0s have one in them for the price of a weekend of drinking it is a very valuable tool

5. jeffcof150

jeffcof150 Junior Member

Do you leave them in the trucks when not in use or take them out. Are they easy to remove

6. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

I would just permanently mount it. Either under the dash, flush into the dash or under the rear view mirror.

7. jeffcof150

jeffcof150 Junior Member

probably will but I read some reviews on amazon that they didnt work right after being left in hot and cold. the apps for cell phone look pretty cool too but the iphone app said its not available cause it does not bypass the sleep mode or something

8. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Haven't heard that before about the scanguage.

No surprise there with the iphone app, another reason why I'm anti apple lol.

9. Landgreen

Landgreen Member

I purchased a scangauge for my 04' 6.0 F-350. Works great. I've already programmed in several other gauges.

I bought it after reading so many positive reviews about it and its relatively cheap. I mounted mine on top of the steering column. It blocks the gear indicator a little but no big deal