1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Scammers !!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by scottL, Dec 12, 2008.

1. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

DIG THIS.

I do a commercial and residential business. The last two storms A few of our driveways had already been plowed. Crap plow job and in one case caused ground and landscape damage which we got the call on.

These scammers are trolling around neighborhoods looking for homes that have been plowed before. THEN the next day these scammers knock on the home owners door asking for money. We send invoices, confirmation letters, manned phone and email.

I actually passed by one of these scammers and didn't realize it until it was too late.

WTF!!!!!! Now we have to call a ton of clients, mail a letter and God knows what else :gunsfiring:

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Dam,

They are getting more clever scamming people than ever. If only they put that power to get a job and be honest. I would just send a letter with the facts and let them know your practices. That sucks. Have them get a plate number or call the cops if they see it too.

Bruce

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That's pretty bold. I can't imagine they'll be able to get away with that for very long. I would suggest calling your customers and asking them if they could get a license plate # so that it can be forwarded onto the authorities.

4. dhadaway632

dhadaway632 Member

Corrupt people in Chicago??? Who'd have thought? Hope they get caught soon.

5. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Are you gonna call the cops? You may wanna. They are basically sabotaging your business.

6. scottL

We are starting calls this morning, updated the website, crafting a letter to be sent out.

I am planning on calling the police - I'm worried that this is a limited avenue unless I get some plates and someone sees them the only other step is to wait for a client to be scammed and then get the cops involved. The cops can't tell who has what account. ( Although all of my drivers have proper id, company routes and paper, and 24x7 direct contact with us how's a cop to know unless they stop everyone. I need a plate and eye witness.

I' so fricken pi--ed off I'm seeing RED!

7. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Better to be pissed off than pissed on.

BTW, if you are seeing red in your pee you need to see a doctor ASAP! :dizzy:

8. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

I would consider calling the attorney generals office and consumer protection If they get enough info or investigate they might put info on their websites and contact the media about this so all homeowners in the affect state will be advised.

9. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

Think I saw him, was wearing an Elvis hairdo and riding in a car with Illinois plate marked GOVERNOR 1

10. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

LOL fireball, thats will be his bail money!!

But seriously, I would call the news too. I can definately see that one being on the nightly news for sure!

11. scottL

There ya go ..... Putting it into perspective :cool:

12. scottL

Yeah BUT I don't want to be the guy who is on camera. Some are just made for radio :D

13. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

You have a face for radio ? :jester:

14. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

semd out a letter, tell your customers not to pay anyone, only you dirrectly or mail in the check with the invoice.. make sure they ar aware of what your invoices look like, and tell them to check the proper return address, and phone number

15. elite1msmith

from chicago

IL corrupt? heck yeah , its how we get things done here in IL. you would be surpirsed at how much smother jobs can run with money in the right places, iv heard stories

16. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

Damn.

Any of the home owners get any info/description from when they went to their doors?

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

He was being sarcastic. :D

18. elite1msmith

from chicago

:jester: oh i know....:nod::nod

19. illiniplower

illiniplower Member

Yeah in CHICAGO!!! Down state we get **** all the time by your elected politicans!!! Just playin with ya elite

20. elite1msmith

from chicago

oh its not even the elected guys .... cops , building inspectors.... if you want a project to run smooth...

one example.... its a code that all projects must be fenced off. and between all trucks the fence must be closed.... even if the trucks ar elined up to come in , the fence must get closed or its a fine.... well a few days of paying fines...... and you reallize that there is no need to even have a gate.... no need to ever close it at all , if you buy lunch , and then some to the right person