1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Scales for v box spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by elmo1537, Feb 3, 2006.

1. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

Has anyone ever seen a set of scales that you can put under a v box spreader so you know exactly how much you have have put on a certain area.:drinkup: :drinkup: :help:
  2. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

No, but that would be an excellent addition to my arsenal. Possibly an invention idea for you.
  3. K&L Salting

K&L Salting Member

I have electronic counters on five of my trucks. These trucks hold from 6yds to 16yds of salt and have found this system to be very accurate. What the counter does is to count the number of impluses coming in from the sensor. I have mine set so that each number is ten pounds. So a number of 560 would be 5600 lbs. The cost is under $200.00 and is not complicated to install. call me at 317-946-5342 if you need any more information.
  4. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

Tagging this post to mine, thanks
  5. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

old post i know but does anybody have any idea what he's talking about
  6. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Power he uses a prox switch to count the revs of the spinner or some other rotating part than its configured thru a controller with a display giving you a amount. You would have to do some math and weight testing get the numbers right. I would like to know what parts he uses.
  7. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I know a guy that dose the same thing, he counts the number of spins the spiner makes.
  8. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

WOW that would be a pain, i wonder how acurate that is? it seems like my v-box is always pluggin up, but all well you get to charge for it