1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Scag mowers for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

(1) 36" belt driven unit and (1) 52" Hydro. Earlier models and in 10+yr old used condition. They mow, run, drive great. The 52 has a 17hp Kaw and the 36 has a 14hp, replaced at one time a few years back. I got these off of a local contractor that went out of business. They were used daily up until about 2 months ago. I only wanted one to keep, but bought most of his eqpt. They both have catchers but no velke's. Also, none of them had mower belt guards for some reason, but it really doesn't make a difference. They've been maintained enough to mow daily, but could be gone through before being put back to work (paint, new drive belts, fluid changes, sharpen blades, drive adjustments, etc). Every time I mow my yard, I use a different one. The hydro is especially nice for reverse with the squeeze of the handles. The 36 is nice for getting into gates. The 36 trans functions great but no handle to shift btw gears. Mows beautifully in 3-4th. I used a visegrips and it works fine.

$1,400 for both!! Will separate. Pics to come.

2. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol, that was quick JR! I'll just post the pics here, let me know if you want more.
    The hydro is actually running and the deck is running in the pic. The baskets are ok, but will need a little attention on the bottoms as usual. The 36 could probably use a muffler soon too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Oh yeah, I will trade for Western or Boss plows, parts, mounts and stuff too.

5. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.