1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sb

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawncare3, Jan 8, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 Junior Member

Do any of u use Snow Blowers instead of plows for just starting out?

2. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

The person who you want to get ahold of is Casey. Just look up his profile. He is the expert on blowers.

He could also tell you of a good way to stay warm during blowing. The guy is an expert.:drinkup:

3. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

lol, Nice one J., but seriously he is joking, I noticed you are new here so you may not know about Casey. He is a joke.

It can be done with blowers, but much more efficently with a plow.
    Just noticed your 15 in your profile. So Yeah, blowers are your only option at this time. Get a few small drives in the neighborhood & you sould be fine just starting out.
    In a few years you will get sick of it & buy yourself a truck & plow.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2003
  4. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Yes you can definitly start out with a snow blower. I'm 17 now and have my own truck, but from 14-16 all I used was a snowblower. I would recomend a Honda if you don't already have one.
    Good luck and I hope it works out for you.:waving:

5. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

You can start out by shoveling if you cant afford a snowblower right now or if you dont have one already. Save up some money from shoveling and buy a snowblower. Use that for a while and save up more money and buy a truck with a plow. Just some ideas to think about. Mike

6. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

When I was 13 I had a paper route. I used my tips to buy a 5 horse mtd. Then put fliers in my papers, it worked well, I used to snowblow for 15-20 hours straight and come home with 800 dollars in my pocket, I was the richest kid around. I used to tie a sled behind me to pull a 5 gal gas can and a shovel. You can bet I ran right to the truck dealer when I got my lisence too. That snowblowing money came in real handy. If I had to do it gain I'd pay more to get a bigger snow blower.
    Casey

BTW I'm not the Casey everyone's was refering to above