1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Saw This Sitting In A Driveway Today

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by KL&M Snow Div., Feb 4, 2009.

1. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure what kind of a truck it is. But I saw it and, beings its looks pretty old I figured I'd snap a pic. Its got a plow mount and lights on the front. Can't really see them to well from the pic but here it is.
    Plow Truck.jpeg

Plow Truck.jpeg

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

looks liek an old jeep.

3. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Yup Jeep (Commanchee) Spelling may be incorrect but it sounds like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I knew someone who had this sitting behind there house in the woods and the thing had a tree growing out of the engine compartment. he ended up scraping the entire thing during the summer when scrap prices were high.

5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

thats very cool

6. littlenick

littlenick Member
    from OH

Not a bad looking truck!!

7. KL&M Snow Div.

I actually came across it when I was scoping out some target areas on advertising for the summer lol That thing has a huge rotator on top too

8. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

tymusicThey were built by American Motors Corp. bought out by Chrysler. If I recall correctly there were some models of them that had parts like trannys and differentials from the "big three " in them. We gotta get a "Jeep Head" in here to comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

9. KL&M Snow Div.

Yeah, maybe someone will chime in. I would have gotten some more pictures but I figured it would be a little wierd to go into these peoples drive and start taking pictures of their truck lol

10. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

It is a Jeep! J-10 pickup with a different body put on it.. My father use to drive one back in the 70's..

11. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

It is a Jeep J-truck, produced from 1963 until 1987. With out seeing the front I can't be for sure but it looks like it probably is a 1/2 ton J-10 produced after 1974. The FSJ's (Full Size Jeep), were made as 1/2 (J-10), 3/4 (J-20) , and 1 tons (J-30).

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  12. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

5 lug rear axle... J10

13. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

I agree on the half ton, just not sure of the year

14. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Leave them an estimate for the lawn maintenance...

15. KL&M Snow Div.

I may lol. Never know he may have bought the truck to fix up or something. I plan to hit that housing area with fliers so we'll see.

16. MileHigh

All I know is that a lot of hoa, and commercial lawn services are taking bids all over the place over here...gonna try and get me some.lol

anyways. thats a nice lookin jeep

17. KL&M Snow Div.

I am trying to get ahold of two appartment complexes here in town. The owner of the funeral home I used to work at is the president of the board that maintains the places. I sent a letter to her and plan to call soon ;)

18. MileHigh

Do it up..and good luck.

I really don't think the economy is gonna effect the maintenance side of lawn services that much.

Anyways we better keep these conversations on LS before we get repremanded....
    :cry:
    Like I said...ain't that a nice lookin jeep...lol

19. dan67

dan67 Member

jeep

I posted a picture of our back up plow in vehicle with character , it's a late '60 s jeep j-3000 has gm turbo 350 tranny with a amc 327 from the factory. Great 4x4. It has the same cab as the yellow one in the photo.

20. JeepsNmaine

JeepsNmaine Junior Member

Sorry, I don't mean to bump this post, but I saw this and had to add my 2 cents.

The truck pictured is a early 70's J3000. It's hard to tell, even if we could see the front ('72 and later they had a wide grill), but probably a '71 or 72. AFAIK in '73 they went to 6 lugs on half-tons and up to '72 they might have used 5 lugs even on some 3/4 tons. And, BTW, these were trademarked as "Gladiator" and the Rambler 327 V8 was the "Vigilante". In '71 and '72 they had an optional Buick 350 V8. I don't know what year the gov required side markers lamps, but that would give a clue too.

The first vehicle I ever owned was a '66 J3000 with a GVWR of 6000 Lbs, 327 Vigilante engine, 3-on-the-tree and a two speed Spicer 20 transfer case. (I was a poor kid and I made my own real working snow plow and mounted it on my truck. I was a pretty good welder and I made the plow out of 14 gauge sheet steel. It had power lift and manual angle.)
    I've owned several of these trucks over the years. And I still own two of them, an '86 (with a Fisher) and a '74. Both run very well.

my 2¢