1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

saw this nifty home made setup

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by alldayrj, Feb 3, 2012.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

in a home depot parking lot.

I like it, thought some of the back yard fab guys might too
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Unless I'm not seeing the trip protection, you couldn't pay me to drive that.
  3. schmol

schmol Senior Member

No different than plowing with a bucket, i do that very often. As long as you know where the manhole covers are on your lots it shouldn't be a problem.
  4. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

I buy some extra windshields
  5. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

I think I see a helmet inside the cab for the driver. that will knock your socks off when you hit one.

it would have been easier to buy a old road plow with springs and fab that into the bucket.
  6. snow man 0311

snow man 0311 Member

Yeah I saw that the other day at stony brook home depot I thought it looked a little funny too,but hey what do I know .
  7. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

one thing is for sure, it probably moves some snow (if it snows)

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

There is the same type setup at Northtown Mall here, looks like someone welded three Meyers together
  9. LI snowman

LI snowman Junior Member

The home depot in riverhead has the same loader but with a protech pusher sitting in the parking lot. Last year they cleared it with a cat 930 and i think a 950 (might have been bigger) both with protechs and a snow bucket. I have been wondering how they would do it with the one small loader if we get a heavy snow. They made a ton of smaller piles with the one storm we got. The old contractor would make one huge pile.
  10. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

It looks like a old road plow. You can see where they took the springs off and bolted solid steel in. It's also solid mounted to the bucket. The chain is there for looks. I sure would hate to catch a curb with that.