1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Saw the new style 07 Chevy at work

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by flykelley, Sep 8, 2006.

1. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Ok Gang
    I got to see it and touch it with no camo on. There were three 1/2 ton pickups one chevy and two GMC. The rear seat in the ext cab can now be a split 60/40. The front bumper has a painted cover with a valance that hangs low. Not sure how they will get a plow mount on without cutting the cover but Im sure they will. It also has two electric fans on it and it runs quiet. Its looks pretty big and boxie to me. They have added extra storage in the door panel and above the glove box. The tailgate close's really easy. For all you tire fans the 3 trucks that I saw all had 265s on them, no more 245s. Also on the ext cab the window on the second door rolls down, not swinging out. The rear brakes are drums again, but remember all I saw were three 1/2 tons the 2500 HD and 3500 might not be the same as the 1/2 ton.

Regards Mike

2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Thanks for the update! They sound nice.

3. Bikes and Guns

Bikes and Guns Junior Member

The current half tons don't come with 245s, there something like 265/70-17s. Either way it is about a 31.5" tire. So the new trucks probably have the same size tire then? Were they 17" rims? I am surprised they kept the rear drums. I had heard they were going to discs on the rear.

4. salopez

salopez Senior Member

chevy had discs and went back to drums. I was told that the stopping power was not needed., verses the cost.

5. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

at the end of the day I hope the Turck is very reliable and has a real truck profile none of this low rider car like quality i've been seening the last few years.

I've held my purchase off for 5 years waiting - I'm really hoping this truck is the ticket!

I wonder how fast the plow manufactor will be able to mount a plow on the truck?

6. flykelley

Hi Scott
    Quality is really not a issue any longer. My plant has won the JD Powers award for quality the last two years. As I work fo GM I have always bought GM trucks and I have never really had a bad truck. Sure they had some rust problems in the late 70s but todays trucks are a huge jump in quality. I would not give up my amercian made truck for a import even if you gave it to me. Jump on in and buy you a new truck. I can get you a supplier discount on a new Chevy or GMC.

Regards Mike

7. mustangmike45

mustangmike45 Member

what kind of price could you get a 07 2500hd reg cab for? i am just needing the basic work truck package is all. thanks

8. flykelley

You would have to ask a dealer and tell him you will be getting a supplier discount. GM sets the price not the dealer.

Regards Mike

9. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I think that the fact is drum brakes offer a much better parking brake vs the small internal drums GM uses on the rear disc. The drums do fine for the acual brake duty they see.

10. scottL

Thank you Mike. I have no doubts you guys are putting the trucks together well. This truck, as I understand it, will have some very new designes. My concern is if the engineers thought it through well or did their cost saving engineering stuff. I've seen Wagner on Bloomberg talk about quality and turing the 'ship' around so, I've got to believe this truck should rock.

As soon as the 1500's hit the show room I'm there. If they look good I'll put my order in for either a 2500hd or 2500. Most definetly I'll keep you in mind for the discount :)

Thanks!!

11. flykelley

I need to change the title of this thread to I DROVE THE NEW STYLE CHEVY AT WORK TONIGHT.:drinkup: Man it is quiet and runs smooth. It really is alot better in person than the pictures show. The truck was a 1/2 ton 4 wheel drive with a fancy interior. The height from the tow hooks to the ground was around 14 inchs. The front suspension has coils with some kind of a airbag inside the coils. I have been told the 2500HD and bigger still have T bars. I think you guys will like it, the sides look kind of like a ford and the grill like a dodge. I am off work for two days so next week maybe a report on a 2500 HD???

Regards Mike

12. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Since when?? My truck has discs.

13. flykelley

On the new body style 07 the rear brakes are going back to drums. In just a few short months you will be able to see for yourself.

Regards Mike

14. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

That makes no sense at all. Are the Tahoes/Suburbans like that too?

15. scottL

Hey Mike,

Thanks for measuring. The height of 14" is a solid 4 inches lower than my truck is currently. I can't imagine going any lower. Add a plow weight and I can see sparks. I've held off of buying a new truck for years now hoping for a better, real truck design from Chevy. I can't wait to hear your report on the 2500 and above.

Thanks! -scott

16. Favatts

Favatts Member
    from CNY

Hey Mike,
    Any idea when you are going to start making the HD's? I heard that it was not going to be until February.
    Favatts

17. scottL

18. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Very nice pics, but their all PR pics from GM and are all 1500 series. Anything on the 2500HD?

19. flykelley

Hi Favatts
    Pontiac Plant will start building in Jan, most likely won't hit dealers lot till Feb.

Regards Mike

20. flykelley

Thats what I have been told, and all of the 07s that I have seen have rear drums.

Regards Mike