1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Saw something stupid today!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by brian m, Dec 3, 2004.

1. brian m

brian m Member

Saw something stupid today!
    I was at an auction preview in Prospect, CT today and saw this BOZO leaving with his V-plow in the scoop position, this wasn't anyone from this site was it? Hope he doesn't drive around like that all the time, ifso he must be replacing front-end parts on a yearly basis! Not to mention all the other things about that which are just plain moronic!!! :eek:

2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

We had a guy drive his truck to the shop one night like that. I couldn't believe my eyes when I walked out the door and saw that like that. I asked him, "Did you drive like that here?" He just said. "Well, yeah." This is one of these guys that does $20,000 a night in salt alone (no exageration). He will hire around 30 to 40 trucks to go out and plow for him on top of all his own trucks. I am told that he bids everything in site, lowballs all the plowingh just so he can get himself in the door for salt. He has some pretty big contracts that he has somehow been able to hold onto over the last few years, but there are SEVERAL that won't have him back for a second year. His mowing and maintenance operations are that of a bit "sub-standard", too.

3. Mrplowguy

Mrplowguy Junior Member

To bad you didn't have a camera for that one. :D