1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Saw an interesting setup

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lakeeffect, Mar 3, 2005.

1. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Saw something yesterday I have never seen before, wish I would have had my camera. Guy had a 3/4 or 1 ton chevy pickup with a 8' Fisher MM2 on the front and also had the same MM2 set up on the rear, headgear, lights etc. Was driving by me so couldn't get a good look at how he had it mounted. Had never seen that before and thought it was interesting.
  2. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

Must have been a backup for when the front fails... :D
  3. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

I would say you were right except it was a Fisher so that rules that out!! :)
  4. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

DOH!! :eek:
  5. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

"Must have been a backup for when the front fails... "

6. smiti105

smiti105 Member

Did you see that in Jersey?? I saw someone that matches that description also.
  7. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Years ago my friend took his 76 Chevy 1 ton. he had a 8' Fisher on the front and a full 8' Fisher on the rear. The rear plow he turned the blade backward and welded the A frame to the front mold board. He had it setup for a gated complex. he would back in the driveway and pull the snow into the street and used the front blade to push it down the street. Worked great. He still has the truck and I think the rear setup. I will have to see if he has photos.
  8. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Was in Syracuse NY