1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Saw a ford van with plow wtf?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by sixty4, Feb 16, 2011.

1. sixty4

sixty4 Member
    from CT

Going down the highway I looked over and saw a Quigley 4x4 van with a plow on the front of it? I never saw anything like this before! I could not get my phone out quick enough to snap a picture (sorry). Anyone ever see this setup before?
  2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Yes plus 2wd too.

I been think of doing that on passenger van for transposition drunk people in winter. They have best turn radius in tight lot.
  3. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

I saw one on here awhile back. A new Boss sport duty on the front of an old E350 4x4. It looked pretty awesome!
    Tried to attach a picture of it.

plow van.jpg
  4. sixty4

sixty4 Member
    from CT

The Van was a 350 Superduty with a V10 emblem on the side. I bet it could push some snow? It just really looked odd to see! I would love for others to find a picture of a van with a plow on it and post it up. They really do look wierd....
  5. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

If you search around on here, that pic came from another thread. He's got pictures of the mount they fabbed up and everything. (And before anyone says it, the plow pictured is a Super duty, not Sport duty, however that plow that actually went with that install was a Sport duty model.
  6. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

yes i have seen them before i never seen it plowing but i saw one with a western ultra mount pro plus on it.
  7. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

a guy used to plow a driveway right next to one of mine with a ford van. this year i saw him in F350 and asked what happened to the van. he said the visibility sucked and it was tough to put ballast in it.
  8. Bartsnow 1

Bartsnow 1 Junior Member

We have a plow company in our area that has a for E350 4X4 with a myer plow and it look pretty cool.
  9. Theirs a hostess bread delivery truck by me that has a myer plow on it n I've scene it pushing lol
  10. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I would think that any full size van would have the same frame and mount points. As a full size truck of the same brand.Might have a problem of coil springs ver's leaf springs. That may create problems with mounts. There was a company in PA that would turn any new full size van into 4X4. If you can use mirrors you should be able plow with it.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  11. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

The one in the pic I posted, if recall the post correctly, was something like 3 different mounts welded together to fab up the one for the E350. Guy did a truly professional job, but it definitely took a custom mount.

I don't think I'd mind plowing with a van. Could set my office up in there, maybe even a little bed for those extended storms! :D
  12. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Theres a guy running around this area with a awd chevy astro with a meyers on it.
  13. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Probably 20 years ago I saw an E250 or 350 with an 8' Fisher conventional. 4-wheel... probably some kind of conversion and custom mounting with the plow. I have to think backing visibility was terrible, but forward would be the balls.
  14. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

some vans dont have syd style frame rails. thay more comonly are uni body and front sub frame.

and i like to see when driving i my self would just like a truck.

and here is one of the orignal companys that is still going. i think the only one.

and look here for few cool ideas. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=116951
  15. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Not for Ford E series they use same frame on F series. E350 super duty gvwr is 9,100

I am pretty sure GM Express use same frame on sirrea frame.
  16. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i might have been thinking older vans. 10 years as mechanic thay all blend together. :dizzy:
  17. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

i saw an older chevy astro awd with a plow out during one storm this winter, it was to dark for a picture but i think it had a sno way electric plow, it was one of those clear see threw plows, i no its not a ford but fugure you guys would be intrested
  18. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

At my shop we are taking an E450 shuttle bus and making it 4*4 and lifting it! Its for carrying passengers up a mountain to a zip line attraction in New York....front end conversion is done, donor rear axle is going in tomorrow, then all that's left will be the trans+t-case! I'll post pics when its done
  19. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Thumbs Up Sweet! Thumbs Up