1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Save buying commercial

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by IDEALGREEN, Oct 27, 2003.

1. IDEALGREEN

IDEALGREEN Member
    from USA

Just ran into a commercial lender for Ford trucks. I was told you can get better discounts/rebates buying commercial.

I didn't know that at the time of my purchase (03 xlt F-250)!! Also, if you own your own business which most of us do, you can also buy your personal trucks/autos through the commercial dept and save big time!?!

Although you have to look at the numbers using a business auto as personal most of the time - It may cost less in the long run if you can make out buying commercially???

Has anyone else heard this or is doing this? Just thought I'd pass this along to everyone else looking at trucks in the "Regular" section of the lots.....

Rich D.
    Menasha, WI

2. Waterchikn

Waterchikn Senior Member

$1000

I have heard of a $1000 rebate on top of any other discount for being "Self Employed" So make sure you tell them that "last".
    It also may be reffering to commercially as "more than one" or a "fleet". ALWAYS shop around.

3. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

I had to bring in my LLC papers to receive a discount. They did give me $1000 off though. At the last minute, the deal fell through, but they were gonna give me $1000 off. The only problem is that they messed with the #'s after they found out about the discount, and tried to raise the price before subtracting the discount. Needless to say I didn't buy the truck.
    You always have to watch them. I thinking that telling them at the end, after they give you their "lowest price", is very good advise.

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Commercial trucks will also qualify for a 900.00 upfit allowance. That means you can save 900 off the price of a plow.
    Dino

5. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

Dino

Really. Thats cool. What do I mention to the salesman?