1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

satellite dish?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by VBigFord20, Nov 17, 2008.

1. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Anyone try this? My friend called last night pissed that his dish was covered in snow and I'm half tempted to climb up there and cote it for him. Just wondering if you think it will work to keep the build up off there for the winter?

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It won't hurt anything. Just stay away from the scopes.

I never had a prolem with mine at my old place. :confused: The dish always had snow on it.

3. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

What are you coating it with? Mine was in and out in the lst storm too. Never experienced that before cuz we just switched to satellite from cable.

4. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

It would work fine, just be careful of the over spray You might fall on your behind.

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

I was waiting for Dano to pipe in on this one.

DANO.....where is that sample coming from.....Jamaica? I got tired of waiting and went to my John Deer guy. I like it....what do you charge for a case, or do I have to go through a dealer?

6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

being that this is the fluid film thread i would guess he would be coating it with wd-40 :jester:

im just kidding.. i would guess it would be fine. does fluid film hurt anything?

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

WD40's feelings ?:D

8. Lifted4x4Astro

Lifted4x4Astro Senior Member

See this thread to purchase cases. Be sure to read the whole thread...E-bay is NOT the place to buy FF.

9. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

It was 5:30 AM when I posted-still sleepy I think. tymusictymusic

10. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

i was just kidding i saw that so i couldnt resist
    yeah i know im an ass:D

11. grandview

Here you go.

ff on sat. (Medium).jpg

12. Dano50

from CA

Man, I love this place! Fluid Film will not harm paint, plastic or rubber ( I loved the WD-40 line, btw).

Sorry if your sample didn't show. They get lost, shipped to the wrong address or returned on occasion. We don't sell direct, so your best bet is to buy through a dealer.

Now that you've purchased, post a pic and I'll send you a shirt! I'll make sure it makes it this time. :blush2:

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

Dano, Great product thus far. I like. But.........The logo reminds me of something right out of the 70's. You know that new sitcom "Swing Town"....lmao! There ya go. I suppose, what really matters is what is in the can not on it. Just a little feedback for you.
    :jester:
    I see your on the west coast, I will most likely get the sample later this week. I appreciate it though, thanks!

3.jpg

14. Dano50

from CA

We've got a new look! I think you'll like it. If you do a search you will find it.

How about if I send you a shirt for the pic. Just PM me your shipping info and shirt size.:D

15. grandview

Do I get another shirt? I need one for Thursdays.

16. RepoMan207

from Maine

Thanks, will do.

17. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Good to know. UPS just dropped off another case from McMaster-Carr so I am going to try it later this week.

[​IMG]

Oh, lets play a little game i like to call Wheres Fluid Film?:D

[​IMG]

Shouldn't be that hard to spot.

Now wheres my shirt, hat and sticker Dano?:D
    I think there is space left someplace on the shop wall for a sticker, or the trailer, or someplace.

18. grandview

I see it! It;s on the widow sill .

19. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

I don't see any room for a sticker

20. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

that was easy to spot!
    but its kinda hard not to see the ff can... its kinda lke finding the bunny on the cover of playboy