1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Santa showed up a big early...

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jlouki01, Dec 15, 2009.

1. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

8'2 Power V with a Snowex 1075 spreader shoved in the middle.

I knew he was real...

IMG00608.jpg

2. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

Nice.. and now you got to put it together.. Santa forgot that part.. :rolleyes:

3. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

damn elves must be on break try outsourcing.

4. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

the elves are in china assembling everything we bought as gifts :D

5. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

hey if that truck is a k2500 let me know how it holds that plow. i was thinking of getting one for my k2500

would be greatly appreciated

6. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

Plowman it is a K2500. I wanted a Western V but I already have a Boss Straight RT3 on an 06 silverado. That truck and the 98 share the same headlight harness I bought a mount for a 98 RT3 and I am switching the straight over to the 98 K2500 and putting the Boss V on the newer truck.

Took me about 2ish hours to get it fully assembled and ready to go. Now i just have to wire the truck up tomorrow. Oh.. and do a full install on the other truck.. stupid santa.

however I think there was about 1200.00 in installation to put it on my truck. I'll save that money to buy xmas presents and support the Chinese economy.

I would rather take an butt woopin than put the Snowex pivot mount on. I am not looking forward to that part. Burn up 17 drill bits, drill 37 holes in your truck to just have it not latch correctly anyways. :)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  7. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

Plowman, i have 3 boss 8.2 v blades, on chev k2500's with duramax's in them, i put timberons on it but it handles the plow fine, don't have an extreme yet, but the next one will be one

8. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

Jim I think he means the old pre-2000 k2500.I wouldn't put a V on that 98. Nowhere near enough motor to handle a V'd plow with a bunch of snow.

9. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

About finished.

IMG00611.jpg

10. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I have a Boss V on my 98 and it is fine. That old 350 is quite a motor.

11. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

i aqgree, the old diesels arent anything like the duramax's, didnt realize that it was that old

12. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You should have sent him over to my house with a new 8.5' Xtreme V. HAHA

13. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

"I would rather take an butt woopin than put the Snowex pivot mount on. I am not looking forward to that part. Burn up 17 drill bits, drill 37 holes in your truck to just have it not latch correctly anyways."

HaHa. Yeah I feel your pain there. I didn't enjoy that part either.

14. kpmsnow

kpmsnow Senior Member
    from Elkhart

I completely disagree. I have, and have plowed with vortech 350 powered 3/4 ton chevy's with 8 1/2 foot v-blades for years. These trucks do just fine. Haven't ever ran out of power. I generally run out of traction before running out of motor. In my humble opinion these generation chevy trucks are the best plow trucks you can get when you factor in cost of maintenance. They have been around a long time, where built pretty much the same for an extended period of time which makes parts cheap and easy to come by. Plus they are relatively simple to work on. Plow on Plowman4life plow on!

15. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Dont tell Alaska Boss that when he is pushing a 9.2 v so much he wears it out in 3 years. Especially with that lil small block gasser in that 92 2500. wesport
    Maye the 2' dumps they frequently get are easier on the truck :D

16. procut

procut Senior Member

:dizzy::dizzy: