1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Santa came early for me

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fireboy6413, Dec 12, 2009.

1. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

Just picked this beautiful 8.6 pro plus up last night from LAB INC a member on here. Plow is literally brand new. never used as far as I can tell. Great price and a good guy to deal with.:D:D:D

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

let see some pictures

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

congrats to both of u

4. fireboy6413

Here are the pics, don't worry already started spraying her down with the one and only FF

2008 Pro Plus 8.6 006.jpg

2008 Pro Plus 8.6 002.jpg

2008 Pro Plus 8.6 007.jpg

2008 Pro Plus 8.6 008.jpg

5. twinman326

That is sweet.....Nice looking. You must of been a really good.He must of spent over 4000.00??

The flap on top, how wide (width) is it, 12" 16" 24"????

what does "FF " stand for and what does it do???

Iceyman: what with the remark???

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

he bought it from a guy on here who needed to sell it for a buddy or something like that...

7. fireboy6413

Fluid Film, twinman 326 are you asking about the snow deflector

8. prostk2

prostk2 Member

Fireboy---nice plow----What mall did you go to and ask Santa for a new plow?
    I need to go to the same mall. Do you have Bridgestone Revo's----if so how do you like them for plowing and all around performance---also how about treadlife? Thanks and have a good season with the new plow!!

9. fireboy6413

prostk2 yeh they are revos, and I LOVE THEM will never buy another tire in my life. I never take care of my truck, every now and then I do an alignment and maybe ill rotate them, I still have a little less then a 1/4 inch on them, I drive a lot, I have had them on for about 2 years now, and believe me they are holding up, love the traction they have and the best is when you go through a deep puddle you don't even feel it. Highly recommended.

10. twinman326

I never heard of "fluid film"? If this a special chemical that keep the snow off the blade. If so were do you buy if from? Or is it just oil?

Yes I was asking how wide the snow deflector is? Not worry about the length.

I have a friend that works in a scrap yard. He saves a lot of broken belts the machine (crusher) rips.. I need to cut the width. I was just wondering if it was 12",16" 24" wide?

Thanks

11. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

same plow i have its even better on a ford like you have

12. fireboy6413

f350 yeh I love my truck, its a 250 so it sags a bit, im gonna be getting timbrens soon for it, yeh I believe it is 12 twinman, I would check but its pouring out right now so im staying in. its much cheaper to just go get some rubber and build it your self, a buddy of mine gets his from the local tilcon, its a quarry, he makes the come down the front of the blade a good 24 inches, I think it don't look right but he loves it. twinman check out fluid films web site, or look up fluid film, this stuff is the best thing out their, rust preventer frees up rusted bolts and so much more, im not done with the plow yet, I just sprayed the cutting edge and all the bolts im gonna pick up a gallon over the week and brush it on the blade.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  13. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

In regards to your question about a flap 8-10 inch's is a good width for a flap. In my opinion the width of the standard flap is not wide enough for the higher speeds that I use when plowing the large accounts that we have. I find the smaller flap allows to much snow up onto the windshield. Just my opinion on this.

14. fireboy6413

last plow I had didn't even have one, so im looking forward to using this one

15. F-SERIES BEAST

F-SERIES BEAST Member

Very nice setup, congrats looks awesome!

16. fireboy6413

thanks f series

17. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Very nice plow. Love the truck. Looks a lot like mine.

18. twinman326

Thanks for the info....12" should be good?

I found a web site that carries it..thank for the info

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  19. FLagen23

FLagen23 Junior Member

Nice Setup!

20. fireboy6413

Thanks guys now just cant wait tp plow with it