1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sanding/plowing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by bow2no1, Oct 11, 2008.

1. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

ok, now i just bought a sander also.
    i gotta pick it up Monday night.

this is my 1st year plowing/sanding
    how do you guys charge?

minimal charge? for just a plow just sanding or both?

i heard alot about non paying customers or people don't pay until summer when they have more money.

info, i need it all you have to offer

2. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!, Do a search it has been answered about 10,000 times this week alone!!!

P.S. prices vary drastically from city to city so any numbers thrown out probably would not work for you.payuppayup

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

V-box or tailgate? Bagged or bulk? Salt, sand or sand/salt mix? Stocking your own pile or buying from a dealer? What type of accounts do you have now? What kind of marketing plan do you have for new business?

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i'd get out there and go for it......charge what YOU need to charge..... do you have a big shop/office? do you have big overhead? or do you run your business out of your parents home?? all of these ?'s will determine what you need to charge.... no need to bid tight against other companies...you only have one truck to keep busy, you could bid what ever you want and your going to stay busy!!!

5. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

v-box, i guess you would call it. nice used one from the town. $1200..
    for that price i could only find use tailgate sanders.

i getting a salt/sand mix from my buddy he owns a construction company in our area.
    i'm gonna stop by after work some time this week to get set up with and account and pricing.

not much for bills just over $500 a month.
    i'm going to bet getting laid off for the winter so i was looking at ways of making extra income

been down this road before, whats the since in having a forum if all the newbies are gonna get for an answer is "do a search"
    guess there should be just a data base. then all the info would already be there and no one could post. right?

at some point in time in most all forums most topics have been posted time and time again.
    i mean gees there is a whole section here dedicated to

Bidding & Estimating Forum

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008