1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sanding and painting

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Stark_Enterprises, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

I want to Sand and paint the Push plates on my truck as best i could with out taking them off...Has anyone done this?, and if so What type of material did you use to sand it and What type of paint did you use? I was thinking about using some of that Bedliner paint on them? Anyone have any opinions or suggestions. Thanks I appreciate it guys.
  2. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Not sure about sanding, but I think I would paint them with this stuff called chassis saver paint. It is supposed to stop rust and prevent future rust and chipping. Much better product than the bedliner paint. JMO
  3. Stark_Enterprises

Thanks..I defintly will look for that paint in my local stores....

Keep the opinions coming. :waving:
  4. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Definitely take them off. I'm sure the bolts are all seized up, but it'll be worth it. I just removed and painted a set and they came out great.
  5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

This going to sound morbid, lol

Try taking them down to your local mortuary/ Head stone company, typically they have large sandblasting facilities, they can clean them up real nice and usually reasonably priced. Prime them with a good self etch primer and paint them black with rustoleom paint.
  6. Stark_Enterprises

Hmmmm Theres one of those places right down yander :dizzy: ..I'll check with them..Thanks! :drinkup: