1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sanders

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ray, May 29, 2000.

1. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

I have been looking into the purchase of a sander. I can't really decide on which way to go. I currently have a tool box in the bed of my truck cutting down the availible space to 6'. I like having my tool box but fear that a tailgate sander will be more work than it's worth. Does anyone make a 6' V box? That would basically give me a good capacity with out all the work of refilling as often? My truck is a 99 F350.

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Yes,<br>Downeasterner makes a smaller unit, along with ice o way.<br>Dino

3. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

Ray,if you want more info on the ice a way sander contact Trailer King and speak to Steve and he will give any info you need. His tel is 914-454-7500<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200

4. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

Thanks for the info. I think if I get one it will be the ice-o-way. Although a little modification would be in order, like a 8&quot; extension to hold more material.<br>Thanks,<br>Ray

5. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Ray- You should get in contact with dino, he's in Bozrah ct. He uses Smith/Harder sanders. I believe they make a 6ft spreader, check out their site,&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.smithspreaders.com&quot;&gt;click here&lt;/a&gt;. Our town uses the electric version, you should look into them. Also, look in &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.bargainnews.com&quot;&gt;bargainnews&lt;/a&gt; because they have a lot of used spreaders. I believe the closest harder dealer to you would be American truck equipment in New London. Dino is at the SIMA conference which goes tills saturday (i think). <p>Bryan<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.snowplow.web.com&quot;&gt;The Snowplow Homepage&lt;/a&gt;<p><p><font size="1">Edited by: snow

6. plowking35

from SE CT

Both western and fisher will have 6.5' models for use in ext cab short bed trucks out this season. They were made because of all the interest in such a model.<br>See you do learn something from these shows.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

go with a v-box,a tailgate spreader is almost as much(2 stage),and it is not as powerful or esy to load.<p>----------<br>John D<br>

8. plowking35

from SE CT

Hey Ray<br>Smith Equip in Franklin Ct has a small v box in his pen. Call and ask for Jim, I bet you can get a sweet deal on it.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

9. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

Thanks Dino. If I get the chance I'll head up there.<br>Ray