1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sander???

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sharpshooter77, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

Hey guys, its be a while since I posted. But anyway, I have an 1988 F-600 and I am going to have this truck plowing for my local town. I have came a cross a downeaster 4 to 5 yard stainless steel sander for a good deal. The sander has a new conveyor chain and bearings. but it does not have a engine, or a spinner Chute. But it does have the gear box that drives the spinner and conveyor chain. What I wanted to know would I be able to put an electric motor on it to drive the conveyor chain and spinner, Or should I put a gas engine back on it.
    ussmileyflagussmileyflag

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

You could ask downeaster directly (207) 725-5101 or (207)729-5101 They would at least beable to get you the specs on what youd need if you wanted to go electric

Mike