1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sander with utility body?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by GSullivan, Oct 10, 2010.

1. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

Just wondering do any of you guys run a sander in a utility body pick-up?I just installed a Knapheide body on my Super-Duty for work purposes and I'd like to put my 8' Air-Flo sander in it.I'm pretty sure I'll need some Timbrens at the very least.Any input would be great.Thanks,George:mechanic:

2. second income

second income Member

Dual wheel or single super duty? If the body is loaded with carpentry type stuff and dual wheels probably ok just dont use extension boards on the spreader to increase capacity. Single wheel utility body and v-box will max out the truck. If the utility is loaded up with mechanics tools be careful, that gets heavy quick. Salt kills utility bodies fast because they are tough to clean with the spreader in place. Put the spreader on a beater.