1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sander removal

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 94chevy2500, Mar 21, 2011.

1. 94chevy2500

94chevy2500 Senior Member

looking for pics of home made lifts that are use to lift off a sander out of a truck. right now im thinking of making a frame with 6x6 beams and attach a 3000lb winch to lift it off, then lower it onto some pallets. will this work or if anyone has pics of the way they take off the sander without a skid steer, loader, or exavator please post them! thanks guys

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

im not sure if it would work cause i dont have a sander but if you didnt wanna spend the $ on a winch would a comealong work?
  3. 94chevy2500

i have the winch already i just dont know if it would lift it, winch says 3000lbs but it that rolling weight or lift capasity? i just dont wanna get it all hooked up and have something go wrong if not i can rent a 5000lb gas winch for 30 bucks a day but if my winch will work then thats 30 bucks stays in my pocket!!
  4. Deershack

Deershack Senior Member

You can add a pully to double your lifting weight.
  5. 94chevy2500

yea i just looked that up im going to get a pully block so it will be a double line pull and see what happens i will get pics if it works lol thanks alot guy!
  6. Deershack

Deershack Senior Member

No problem. It will slow the lifting speed but I doubt that will be a concern.

Sometime the simplest answers are the best.
  7. 94chevy2500

yea the slow lift speed i dont mind if it will save me 300 bucks not renting a skid steer to lift it off have a guy down the street that has a skid steer but just found out hes trying to steel lawn and plowing accounts from me and he acts like my best freind then goes behind my back. sorry not it the best of moods this morning haha
  8. 94chevy2500

one of my clients came up to me and told me that he came to them saying get rid of them i have no job or way to make money i just cant belive peaploe should i do something nice for that custemer or just thank them like i did im thinking maybe a little off the spring cleanups just for a thank you for letting me know whats happening
  9. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Use some gorilla pallet racking for the structure. You can leave it up and use it for other crap, or you can knock it down when you're done and get it out of the way.
  10. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

the winch may work but some winches wont hold that kind of weight still when its not winching. it will lift it fine with a pulley but it may not stay in the air when trying to get your truck out you may have to chain it up then pull your truck ahead then let it down.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i use this setup, its a ghetto swing set looking structure with a hook welded in the middle, i connected a chain hoise to the hook. all i have to do is raise it up off the pallets pull them out and back the truck under the sander.
  12. 94chevy2500

thats what im looking for thanks im probable building something like that this week and hope to have the spreader off by the weekend to get everything cleaned up and ready for spring cleanups!