1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sander recomendations

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Randy04073, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Randy04073

Randy04073 Junior Member

I currently have two 2 Yard SS Downeasters with gas motors, looking to get rid of one and a few people recommended electric as they are more dependable and less maintenance. We're in Maine and when it gets cold the engins don't start well ect. I also have had mixed reviews with poly vs SS and forget about steel! I am looking at the Salt Dogg spreaders and they look good but I have had a fair amount of luck with Downeasters but definitely not problem free. We have a F450 Dump and we primarily use straight salt with maybe an occasional salt/sand mix. Any recommendations and looking for a good dealer in Southern Maine. I got Downeaster all set just any others with good prices. Thanks
  2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Assuming you're talking about Salt/Sand Spreaders, not power tools, check out Smith Spreaders. I bought one this summer and it's really nice! Thumbs Up