1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sander rack

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by boba, Mar 17, 2002.

1. boba

boba Senior Member

Would like to make a hanging rack for a 1.8 yd sander from a 1 ton dump. Want to be able to back in raise the sander and drive out. What's the easiest way to go about it?

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

There was a recent thread on ifting a sander. Do a search and you will see some info.

What you do depends on what materials and space you have to work with.

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

We just made one this weekend.
    Two a frames with a 2 -10' 2x4's as posts, then two 10' 2x4's running one 45 degree angles to a 2x6 laying on the ground, to act as skids.
    For a beam I used 2-2x8's Carriage bolted together. I drilled two 1/2" shank eye bolts and hung a chain fall from that, lifted the spreader out, and then dropped the spreader onto a 4x4 stand that I made from scrap materials.
    Dino

4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Well if you want to make a real perminate one i just had an idea.Get a sono tube fill it with concrete and rebar let it go into the ground 3-4 ft and then lay a steel beam over it with the chain fall