1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sander parts

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by snowguy21, Feb 9, 2006.

1. snowguy21

snowguy21 Junior Member

i just picked up a small sander for 200.00 the shaft was all rotted out and mostly missing. got it running and got everything working but the throttle control. it's a fisher 1.6 ? i was told.
    problem 1. i have to use straight salt, customers request. leaving the salt in it will it get hard and not work? (i have always salted by hand new to spreaders)

#2 where can i get fisher parts online cheaper than at a fisher dealer.

#3 how far should i keep the gate open using straight salt? (in inches)

#4 do anyone have pics of the shaft so i could copy the design. now its just some sheet metal welded square.
    thanks steve.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  2. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

1. Yes it will seize up on you if you leave it in the box!! Not Fun!!

2. If you look on top of the page you will se a link for Central Parts Warehouse. I have delt with them and they where great to work with.

3. I'm not sure about the opening. There are a lot of factors how dry the salt is, what is the amount you want on the ground, etc.

You will probably have to play around with the settings until you get what you are looking for.

Hope this helps.
    Good luck.
  3. snowguy21

snowguy21 Junior Member

if i use a sand/salt mix will it get hard too?
  4. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

Not quite sure. I use 50/50 salt and small stone. Even that starts to harden up after a while though.