1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sander on 2002 f-250 4x2

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowwannab2003, Jun 1, 2004.

1. plowwannab2003

plowwannab2003 Member

i want to get into the "snow business" but can not put a plow on my truck because it is not 4 wheel drive. how well would i do putting a sander on the back with some good snow tires and some tire chains? im thinking i wouldn't do to well but i might be wrong.i need some way to bring in some extra cash so i can pay for this truck.any info would help.thnx. :confused:

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

trade it in on for a 4x4 with a plow instead of putting 4k on something thats not gonna work to well

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Fully agree with Chris. I've tried almost every trick to use 2wd just to see if I can. Does ok on level and straight, but any incline and it's done.

4. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

Get a 4x4. I live in the same city as you, we have nothing but HILLS! Truthfully, you would possibly end up like some of the guys I had to drive around that were stuck last winter!

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The only way you could survive is to have posi-traction or a locker rear end.If You stay away from hills and off camber situations. But if someone plows it first for you, you stay on near level ground, or plowed , with the above modifications you can survive. If you pay attention to conditions . You would be the after it's done salt truck/sander. Forget doing unplowed areas. But also remember salt trucks go out every time it freezes so you have more work then a plow truck does!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2004
  6. plowwannab2003

plowwannab2003 Member

thnx for the replys. i would only be doing plowed driveways for my buddy after he plows them anyway.

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

better hope it has a big gvw and you invest in chains or you will be spining ur wheels