1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sander motor

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by go plow, Dec 24, 2008.

1. go plow

go plow Senior Member

payup hi guys, last year my 10hp briggs had a bad carb, i went to order a new one and it was discontinued,so i had to get a new motor, $900 this was back in late feb 08, so this year i put the plow on and the sander, brought it into the shop for annual service work, no plroblems found all is well, this past weekend we had about a foot or more fall, and the sander vibrated to whole truck when it was on. i was to tired to worry about it, i just checked to oil it was good so i finished my route, yesterday, i noticed oil all over the top of the motor,so i have my shop look it over, they think that the top seal is bad and sucking air not making the fuel pump work proper, we take the flywheel off, and more bad news, the flywheel has about 10 magnets on it and one got un-glued and made a half inch hole in the block.... now, the shop owner calls briggs, they tell him that my new motor is no longer available! why do they make them for a year then stop? i cant believe this crap ! they said that i need to get the new 13hp to replace the 10hp? what a mess ,here i am thinking seeing i have a new motor, i didnt have to worry about have problems and im stuck again ..........:realmad::cry:

2. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Thats Ridiculous, I'd check around someone has to have parts for that motor... Try northern tool for cheaper motors...

3. bula_1984

bula_1984 Member

You might want to try a honda. They are easy to start and run along time. Have one here with 2500 hours on it, but I change oil about every 75 to 100 hours.