1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sander moter problem..

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vmj, Sep 14, 2010.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

electric throtel on my procaster sander would not always throteling down to ideal speed. anyone have any idears why it would do this? I checked power and movement of throttle and alinement but still happening. Thanks Jeff

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

You have power to the motor?I have 2 that come in the shop every fall,same thing,i take the linkages apart and clean them good,make sure the plastic throttle arm isn't binding.Somebodys usually out there in a storm with a scerwdriver forcing things around and bending linkages.

3. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

It is only me useing it. I took motor off linkage and cleaned evry thing goog to make sure carb linkage slide freely. I ran motor off a battery and that worked fine. I put back together and it works a couple of times then it don't idel down again for a couple of times.. I spray my motor with wd-40 before each storm. I have taken this apart a few times now.

4. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

No other ideas thank you.. lol

5. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Haven't put sander intruck yet but would like it if anyone had or knows why this is happening and what to do.. I was thinking of getting a new throtle motor but don't want to spend the money for nothing... Thanks

6. Arc Burn

Does the choke light go on and off on the controll as you throttle up and down?

7. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

It goes on when throttling up, when throttling down to idel it takes a few to go off and it seams thats where it stays because light goes back on as soon as u idel up again.

8. Arc Burn

Can you manually idle it down

9. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Works fine when disconected... i always spray it down with wd-40. Motor works in both directions and seams smooth when i work it when disconected.. Thanks

10. Arc Burn

The plastic throttle arm isn't worn were it hooks to the motor/linkage is it?

11. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

the sander is three years old and it does not apear to be worn because i also thought it was hanging up or binding.

12. Arc Burn

I know you have mentioned no binding but there is also a steel plate on the backside of the throttle motor that holds the plastic arm in place,not hitting there?
    I'm just thinking out loud,these are all the things that i see when these units come in

13. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Not hitting on bracket.. Do u think motor is may be weak. It seams like when i take it off arm works fine, i rehook it up it works a couple of times fine and then it happens.

14. Arc Burn

I've replaced a couple but they were seized.Pop the controll box open and check for loose wires.

15. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

i will have to do that.. i just remembered that i replaced that switch last year thinking the switch had a dead spot in it.

16. MOXIE

MOXIE Member

Throtle motor

It should take no longer than 5sec to go from idle to choke.
    MOXIE

17. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Great... lol it takes longer then that... i tried adjusting the motor thinking it was binding but no luck...