1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sander for a Skid Steer

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by RipT, Aug 6, 2007.

1. RipT

RipT Senior Member

I know the Pro-Flo 2 and SpeedCaster 2 are the same, and the SandPro 1875 is similar.

Major differences and Pro/Con between them?

My application is bulk salt/course sand mix for treatment of icy dirt/gravel drives. Frequent applications over a season, but probably only one or two "loads" per application.

Has anyone mounted any of the above on a Skid Steer universal mount ?

How did it work out? Pictures, links?

Anyone seen or used the Thomas (skid steer brand) Hydraulic Spreader? It is a self-loading hydraulic-driven broadcast-type with a 9 cu ft hopper that claims to be suitable for sand. Looks pretty stout and simple, made in Canada I think.

Appreciate user feedback on any of this !
  2. RipT

RipT Senior Member

I've pretty much figured the answer to my first question.... the ProFlo2 and SpeedCaster2 are the equally prefered models for bulk (damp/wet) sand mix.

I also found one old post & pic of a SpeedCaster2 on a Bobcat. Anyone else done something similar ? ?

Any info at all on the Thomas hydraulic broadcast spreader for skid steers ?? Have one? Used one ? Even seen one driving down the road ? ? ?
  3. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

saw one on ebay under salt spreader.... it hooked up to the machine and hydro hook up the neat thing was you could go up to a bulk salt pile and angle the spreader and scoop out of the pile and then angle it back and spread away...