1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sander dolly

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Detroitdan, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

So shoot me if I'm in the wrong forum... Just bought a Snow-Ex 1875 tailgate sander. It's heavier than I expected, to offload it from my truck I'll have to use my chainfall since I can never get any help. Thought it would be nice to have some kind of dolly to put it on to move it around the garage and tuck it away. Anybody made one? It looks like it would sit unevenly because the spinner is at the bottom on the left side, so I don't think a hand truck would work, but maybe could be adapted to it. Interested in hearing what you've come up with.
  2. Bob Church

Bob Church Member

Spreader Dolly

I have one designed, but didn't get it into production this year. Please check with us next fall.

Bob Church
    Karrier Company
    Ph: 800-709-4434
  3. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

Handtrucks are now so cheap, you should just buy one and weld a simple bracket to it dedicated only to dolly round the sander.
  4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I think you are right, probably be my best bet. was hoping to see what someone else had already made, take the thinking out of it for me.
  5. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Make yourself a trip to harbor Freight. They have the sets of rollable carriages...much like the "plow dollies", but they are about 1/4 the cost.:waving: