1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sander cover

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SD-Dave, Jan 2, 2007.

1. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

Anyone know where you might be able to get a cover for an 8' Smith Spreader?

no Smith doesn't seem to offer one (mistake) and no I don''t want to use the old blue tarp solution...they are a P.O.S. and never last or cover well.

I know I could get something custom made but have neither time nor inclination...just want to buy something close in size that will work.

Any help?

Pray for Snow!!
  2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Fisher used to make one. I had one, it was made out of a tonneu vynyl with elastic all around. You had to use the material screen with it for support. I was able to get it included when I bought that spreader. When I went to buy another the price seemed high and no I think they have stopped making them. I went to my area auto upolsterer who does the covers for our Fire Department and he made the same one for just over half the price.
  3. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i have a swenson and was priced from them for a 8' one that is 52'' wide(cover is slightly longer and wider) for $60.00 and $30.00 shipping made out of canvas. you can probably find one cheaper.
  4. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Try Tractor Supply Co. I had a trailer cover custom made by them. In their master catalog they have an order form for custom covers. Might work, ,I dunno, we just load our V-box and empty it right away so we don't have much use for a cover.
  5. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

we got a canvas water proof tarp from grainger, cut the tarp to size and had the local shop sew the end. we cut a pipe and a trailer boat winch down and mounted it up with some simple bungey's to hold it. so far works great and fast no getting wet while messing with the tarp.

snow0607 005a.jpg
  6. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

I realy like your tarp system
    I was wondering how exactly you made it and got it to work, it looks fairly easy to make
    if you could post some more pics that would be great