1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sander bolted down or not

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Chevy 2500 hd, Feb 25, 2008.

?

how many people right now bolt down their sanders at this time

1. yes

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. no

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Chevy 2500 hd

Chevy 2500 hd Member

Ok I understand that fisher says to bolt down the sander to the frame of the truck but I would like to see how many people really do this I'm not trying to start a war with anyone I just honestly want to see how many people really do bolt them down

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

It really doesn't matter. They say to and therefore cover tehmselves from damage to a truck. The truck manufacturer will blame it on Fisher then say did you install it correctly? Once they see you did not they will blame it on the installer or end user.

For the record I did bolt it into my pickup. Currently I only have a 6ft V-box (550 has a muni body) and it is pin to the back of my flatbed and bolted down.