1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sander Body and municipal plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Four Seasons, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Four Seasons

Four Seasons Senior Member

Trying to set a price on some of my used equipment that came on my 2002 International 4400. I have a 6-7 yard 9 foot Everst SDS (severe duty) dump body with side dump to load the chain, strobes, air gate, for a 10 ft single axle truck and a 10 ft municipal style plow. It was privately owned from new 2002. The plow is good and the body is excellent. Both would go complete with all the cab controls. mounts, hoist, etc

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  2. Four Seasons

no ideas on what these things go for. I cant find many big plows used and there are no all season bodies used.

02_AMWRF02_A00011.jpg

trk 005.jpg

3. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Throwing out some numbers 3-4K for the complete plow setup
    6-8 for the bump body, I dont know too many people that would want that dump set up though, I think alot of guys would want the tailgate sprader

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

An all season body is 4 times the spreader of an under gate spreader. All season bodies are very common around here and I own one very similiar to the one above. Putting a price on it is very difficult but your not very far off in price.

5. Four Seasons

that was what I had in mind for values too. Why is the sander body 4 times the sander? What does it do better? I know it spreads in front of the drive tires which is nice but besides that... Im not sure I will ever use it. What would the body be good for other than roads? I could plow and sand a huge parking lot with a 1 ton and besides that, there are no huge parking lots around here and there are very few subcontracted roads from the town.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  6. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

Have you talked to an Upfitter? They may have a customer that would be looking for that specific setup and could save some money. Otherwise Craigslist or trader listings might be the way to go? As for the front plow, it could be modified in to a plow for a loader if it wouldn't sell.

That is a nice looking truck, what are the specs of your truck? What are you going to do for a box if you take that off?

7. Four Seasons

I would get a 9 or 10 foot mason box depending on whether or not I move the hydraulic tank. Its opposite the sander gearbox. Its a 35k gvw. Its a nice setup. Id like to be able to use it but I dont see a realistic application for it. I bought it simply for a dump truck and a standard body and losing the plow mounts will give me 2000 lbs more payload. 1 ton would be a small price to pay if I had a use for the stuff but why would I use it over a 1 ton?

That is an idea, making a loader quick attach for the plow. Right now all I have is a 6000 lb CTL skid and the darn plow weighs about that much. Not really, but its heavy.

8. Four Seasons

another thought. That plow on a skid steer wouldnt have any angle because its a central hydraulic off the truck. Might not need it tho.

9. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

The 35 gvw is nice. What is the transmission? The problem with such a short wheelbase like that is you run out of box space before legal capacity. I'd stretch it just a little for a 12-13' high sided contractors box.

If your truck plow is hydraulic, why can't you run it on a skid? That is hydraulic also, just get the same hydraulic ends and fab a quicktach.

10. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

Some municipalities require a truck of that size (over 26K) to subcontract. Are you sure there aren't any municipalities that hire private contractors in your area? Do some digging. Not everybody has a truck that size. Put it to work as is. If your able to find muni work, that equipment is going to make you twice as much in just one season, as selling it off.

11. Four Seasons

I keep getting logged out as I post a reply and screwed out of everything I typed:realmad:

The truck is an Allison auto

The up down hydraulics are on the mounts so I would have to use those. Heavy stuff

I dont have any side boards on yet and Ive had it overloaded with 9 tons of stone and top soil so I like the box size

I would like a 10 ft regular box since I would be able to put 1 ton more in it but I could get away with a 9 with boards

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  12. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

The empty weight must be brutal. If all you are hauling is gravel and black dirt an 10' aluminum box would be sweet.

13. Four Seasons

weighs 18. i would gain one ton of payload with a standard body and no plow frame. It would weigh about 16. I have been steered away from aluminum by several people now and id rather save the money with steel anyway.

14. Four Seasons

put the dump up on CL for 6900