1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Bossman 92, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

How much should I expect to pay to have 1 of my V boxes blasted? Just the box, nothing else. I stripped everything off of it including the back chute assembly.

I wanted to have it blasted and painted, but was quoted $700 a few weeks ago. So I went and bought the supplies to do it myself. I mentioned this to my dad (he runs a tool shop) and he said they have stuff blasted all the time for cheap.

I went to another place today and was quoted $400 just to blast the box! :eek:

I figure someone on here has done this before.

Thanks Bossman
  2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I have blades blasted allll the time, a typical powerdered coated 8' blade with a-frame and lift will cost me $400! So If you can have a whole V-box done for $400 grab it! even the $700 price doesn't seem to out of place, for these parts
  3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I dont know, Drew, Like I told you on the phone the other day, I got a sand blaster, buy the sand and were do it
  4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

$400 is a heck of a deal to get blasted. V boxes are a paint to blast anyways, they are the one thing I don't blast myself. Takes all day unless you have a diesel power compressor to run your blaster.
  5. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I have 2 v bed salters that I may be reconditioning to sell. I need to repaint them, I thought about sandblasting but after this thread i think ill skip it. But my my question is, would it be pretty easy to sand/grind the paint off instead of sandblast?
  6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Bossman Started to and it is a PITA.

IMO, its not worth the head act, just sandblast it
  7. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Hmm, not what I wanted to hear but that helps! I need a quick sale more than anything, I dont want to put more in than i can get.