1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sand spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Purple, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Purple

Purple Junior Member
    from Quebec

I purchased a V box sand spreader last year,but the guy I bought it from didn't sell the hydraulic pump with it.The spreader has 2 hydraulic motors,one for the auger and the other for the spreader.
    My problem is what size of pump do I need??I have the spreader installed in my truck and I have a pump 16 gpm but I thinks its too big,cause when I try it the belt will burn and slip.I can't get it to stay tight.My question is,do anyone have this setup and/or know what size pump I need to run this spreader?I can't call the guy that I purchased it from because I lost his number.Thanks in advance.
  2. Purple

Purple Junior Member
    from Quebec

I forgot to mention I am installing the pump directly on my V-8 truck motor.Anyone...........Thanks.
  3. Parkvillemike

Parkvillemike Junior Member

First of all what type of truck year and engine do you have?

are you running any other equipment or would you like too?

If you would like you can call me at 1-800-383-4724

Best Regard's