1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sand/Salt spreader ?'s

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jvm81, Sep 7, 2008.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Probably a repeat process for you guys but what in your minds is the best all around spreader?

I have seen ones with engines on them and hand controls inside the cab. The engine to me is that I have to get out and start the engine or leave it run. Electric controls may be good but maybe they corride and I have to fight electrical problems.

I am leaning towards poly and maybe a vibrator thing inside the box?

Any info would be great. Price, product, etc
  2. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

i picked up flinks big vbox two season ago at an auction for 500.00 when i was done with the chute and spinner had about 1400.00 into it they get corroded easily ive gotta break mine free from last season but as far as leaving it run and getting out of the truck they usually come with controls to wire into the cab and you are able to start them from the comfort of ur cab. the flink spreads real nice my next vbox will def. be a flink
  3. rjets00

rjets00 Member

salt spreaders are like women, sink all your time and money in them, and they will still treat you like crap.