1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sand/salt prices in MA

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Walls_landscape, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Walls_landscape

Walls_landscape Junior Member

What are you guys paying for sand/salt in MA? I'm on the Northshore and looking for prices. Any help or direction would be great.
  2. ironworks01

ironworks01 Member

35.00 a yard put in the spreader 24/7
    in southern nh
  3. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

bentley warren in ipswich has straight rock salt 70 per ton. and heffron in wilmington has straight sand 8.50 per ton buy in bulck and mix yourself for biggest profit.
  4. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Marblehead is paying....

Hi, the town of Marblehead is paying $42.90 per ton for rock salt.From a company out of Chelmsford Ma.
    Hope this helps.
  5. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

They are most likely buying as part of a consotium that quite a few tons in MA. belong to that allows them to buy cheaper. I have never heard of anybody paying as little as they do.

We are at $65 a ton for straight salt by the trailer load.
  6. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I never had to buy it.

My salt was always supplied either by the state or private contracts,so I never had to chase it.
    That price above was approved by the Town board the other night so I know it is real.
  7. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I wasn't doubting it was real. I just get frustrsted that there is such a big price gap for the same product between municipal and the private sector thats all!!!!