1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sand pro

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hockeyman, Sep 12, 2007.

1. hockeyman

hockeyman Junior Member

hey
    do you guys think that a toro sand pro would be able to plow snow i have been looking at them and they can come with a blade. what do you think

thanks if you can help mike

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It probably would work, but I don't remember seeing any of the blades angle. It the blade doesn't angle or fully cover the rear tires you may run into trouble quick.

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Aren't sand pros front wheel drive only? For some reason I don't see them pushing a lot of snow around but I guess you never know til you try.

You would have to craft your own blade because the blades they come with are very small in terms of height. Snow would come over the top in a really short distance (maybe you could use the box blade to pick up anything the spills over).

4. hockeyman

hockeyman Junior Member

the type that I have been looking at is three wheel drive

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

You've got plenty of power then. Do you know if the blade floats? I don't think they do but it's been a few years since I've used one.

Imagine a machine like a sand pro with a 48" blade that floats, angles, has down pressure with a heated cab. Talk about the ultimate sidewalk machine!

6. hockeyman

hockeyman Junior Member

ya they will float there is a video of them on the toro website. i don't know how to get to them from the website but if you type in workmen toro video on google there will be a link for it then u can find sand pro in the list

7. hockeyman

hockeyman Junior Member