1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sand pro 1875

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by uniquechev, Jan 21, 2012.

1. uniquechev

uniquechev Member

i picked up the unit used this year but I'm finding that i can only use bulk salt in the unit not the sand... The vibrator is running at 12volts like i should be but its not really shaking the unit unless its empty. Anyone else run into this problem and if so what was your solution to this matter ? thanks guys

2. stonewellmark

stonewellmark Member

You need the inverted-v to shake the whole tub. Also they state that it will spread 50/50 mix sand /salt, that is by weight NOT volume. 1000lbs sand/1000lbs salt, NOT 1/2 yard salt and 1/2 yard sand. Sand weighs a LOT more than salt

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I removed the V baffle and cut the auger baffle in half and rejoined it with a stainless door hinge. Fully open for pickled sand.Normal for salt, you just reach in and open it when you switch to sand. Best I could come up with.