1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sand mixed with Calcium for sale SE MI 35/ton

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Mean4x4, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Mean4x4

Mean4x4 Senior Member
    from Livonia

I overbought some sand mixed with Calcium. it's actually quite effective for traction & melting. I will load your truck for 35.00/ ton. I am in Garden City. Some of my accounts decided to pay the 110% increase in salt instead of sand so I have roughly 40 tons extra.
  2. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Where are you located?
  3. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

buyer beware!

once this stuff gets wet it is junk.....or at least plain sand again, even humidity can harm it......it "rinses" the calcium off the sand since there is not a very strong bond between the two

edit: i should add that i am not saying this pile is bad but i am saying to make sure you check it out carefully. one of the best ways to do that is by showing up during one of the coldest days of the year and make sure NONE of the pile is frozen
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  4. Tony Muto

Tony Muto Junior Member

Sand and calcium

Mean 4X4, how much do you have for sale?