1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sand blasting spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by gman2310, Mar 19, 2005.

1. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

Has anyone sandblasted their spreader or do you think its better media blasted. I have a 8ft vbox that i want to get sanded and repainted
  2. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

I do a lot of sandblasting and it is the only way to go. I do very large amusement rides this way. I take it all down to the metal and start from scratch. I use this stuff called amber blast. It is basically crushed glass mixed with sand. It is around a 100 a ton when bought in bulk. Great stuff and you can screen it and use it again if you want. The biggest thing is to make sure you have a compressor that is strong enough to keep up.
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Depends what you're thinking of as media. Media is the generic term to me. I use fine sand with water (pressure washer) for most out door work- no dust. I really like Black Beauty for tough work (slag)- probabily going to use both for different parts of my setup this year. both can be screened and reused.

Blasting with softer materials is not really effective because of the costs and effeciency.