1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sand Blasting a Plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chcav1218, Nov 4, 2008.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Who here has had their plow sandblasted? Around how much can I expect to pay if I have it done this spring?
  2. justric

justric Junior Member

were are you located
  3. Landmark1

Landmark1 Member

I just paid $225.00 for an 8' boss straight blade, thats everything blasted tower, blade, a-frame ect. The price was $75.00/hr. The blaster told me that the boss takes longer than most plow because the paint is harder.
  4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I live in Mass. Only $225 for the whole thing? thats not bad at all, i was expecting more. I think im sellinmg my plow next summer and uprgrading anyway but thats nice to know.
  5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

$250 to blast a Western mold board and powder coat.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  6. A Man

A Man Senior Member

I paid 450 to blast a 8' highway spreader, 10' Monroe spreader and V boss mould boards. Well worth it, they came out to our shop to do it as well.
  7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

:eek: After hearing that I regret all the hours I spent with a needle scaler stripping down my plows
  8. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Its hit or miss around here I had a 30ftx8ft wide gooseneck flat bed done and he did that hole trailer for $550 i was pumped so I called him back about doing my plow, 8ft fisher if I took all the hyd and lights off and he quoted me $350 seems like thats kinda high compared to what the trailer cost. Last time I checked the trailer had about 6x the area
  9. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Man....We NEED more people doing it up here in Maine. The only place around here is a Powder coating shop. Then they wouldn't paint it with POR 15 even if I supplied it. Then he calls me and says $300 to Blast $400 to Powder coat with a Poly spray......And of coarse I have to wait 3-4 weeks to get it done.

Crash, where is that palce you went to? You got a name an number. Sounds of it you already got yours back and I am still dicking around with vendors. I am seriously thinking about sending mine down on pallets and letting them do it. It would probably be the same price even with fright. Let me know please. Thanks
  10. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

A friend of ours had hit 8 or 8 1/2 foot done for $75 bucks. We are thinking about getting our 10 ton trailer done for around 400 bucks i want to say. Blasting, and primer. You take it to him.
  11. yearground

yearground Member
    from muskoka

Scott A in Mukoka did mine and it was 100 bucks for a 9' western complete with my homemade bumper. He used to do bridges, etc for the gov't but is now freelancing. 705-205-0152tymusic
  12. Tom McDunnah

Tom McDunnah Junior Member
    from Maine

I just had mine done,sandblasted and painted 2 colors,It looks brand new again.Took it all apart,greased all pins etc.

$350.00 and they put the logo back on it :D
  13. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

In my area most guys get together bring all their equipment to one yard then hire a guy to come in for the day and blast everything.
  14. RepoMan207

from Maine

TOM..........Where at????
  15. Crash935

Ryan, sorry i didnt get back to you, sounds like Tom has a connection closer to you.

Did get the blade back, reassembled and back to the customer, came out pretty good considering the amount of surface rust we had to deal with.
  16. RepoMan207

from Maine

Ha Ha Ha.. you been out playing bumper cars again Crash?....Do you do Regional down to the Jersey Port and back or more local? I don't envy you at all. I used to beg for loads east of PA. I hated the traffic. Although I miss playing renegade on th GW and Cross Bronx.

Tom, Thanks anyway but I dropped my plow off to Performance Product Painting, Inc. Tonight. $700 and a good week and half and I will have her back. payup

I had to break it down completely, normally not a problem, but it's a 96' MM1. :mad: I brought the handy dandy Snap On cordless impact and da Map gas mini torch. :yow!:

I'll post some pics when she is all done, it's getting a MM1 / MM2 conversion as well. :drinkup:

17. Randy's plowing

Randy's plowing Junior Member

I had a boss straight blade blasted last year and the guy charged me $200
  18. Crash935

You know how it is, just threaten to bump into them and they will move. Ill send you a PM, dont want to get way off topic here.
  19. Tom McDunnah

from Maine

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  20. Tom McDunnah

from Maine

WOW Ryan $700 bucks and you took it apart? Sounds kinda steep to me.Your plow looks in alot better shape paint wise then mine did.